Monday, April 13, 2009

Win One for Harry

The Phillies rose to above .500 in beating the Nationals 9-8 today. It was a crazy game, and I don't think anyone should be surprised that the Nationals are now 0-7. They had 4 errors and overall were laughable defensively. I could say a lot about the game but I don't think the game is what anyone is really interested in.

It was a tough game to watch and a very different game to watch. Not having Harry call the game is just weird. Like I said earlier, I just don't really know what to say. As hard and different as it was though, it was very pleasant seeing old clips, hearing old calls, and listening to friends talk about how great of a guy Harry was. I have a whole new respect for Franzke, LA, Wheels, Sarge, and T Mac for getting through the game today in the way they did. It was very nice listening to T Mac and Wheels especially talking about Harry because they were more happy to recall the memories than anything else. Wheels actually does a pretty good impression of Harry. I really don't have much else to say. I don't know what else to say. Harry, we'll miss you. Thanks

2 comments:

  1. hey cam - nobody's posted on here for a while so i will give it a go...i just went online to get tix for friday's game. i usually take wed's off but I'm taking friday instead so I can make it down for the game. going with my dad and some friends. gotta pay tribute to hk.

    suggestion (take it for what you will) - shorter posts on a singular topic with questions might generate some good discussion. depends on how much the people on here like to debate stuff. a good one for now might be - what was hk's best call?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hk's best call was definitely.. "Chase Utley, you are the man."

    Or of course the old time, "MICHAEL JACK SCHMIDT."

    oh harry.

    ReplyDelete