Sunday, April 19, 2009

Insight from Ireland

After the game last night, Kevin Petzold sent me a facebook message pointing out that the Phillies seemed a little out of it last night. He suggested that they may have been mentally lost with yesterday being the viewing in the stadium and everything. I think Petz hit the nail on the head, which is impressive considering he is studying abroad in Ireland and I don't even know if he could watch the game. Yes, Brad Lidge did blow his first save as a Phillie, but it is hard to blame anyone for this loss or really any loss over the past few days. There has been so much going on surrounding the passing of Harry that I find it hard to imagine that the players can be fully focused on playing baseball. And you cannot really blame them for that. I think now that the ceremonies are fully over, we can look for the Phils to be getting back into baseball mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment