Sunday, April 26, 2009

Half Awesome

I intentionally waited to update because I did not want to jinx my sweep prediction

So I was completely right about the outcome of the series, but I was completely wrong about how or why it happened. All that really matters is that we got the wins, but boy was I a moron.

Game 1:
Prediction: Myers pitches well, we rock Josh Johnson, win easily
Actual: Myers pitches well, Josh Johnson rocks us, a 7 run 9th inning gets us a win

Game 2:
Prediction: Park sucks, we rock Volstad, win by scoring 10-11 runs
Actual: Park pitched pretty well, Volstad pitched pretty well, we win by scoring 6 runs in 10 innings

Game 3:
Prediction: Moyer is awesome, their pitcher is awesome, we win a close one
Actual: Moyer is awesome, their pitchers SUCK, we blow them out 13-2

So I guess everything I predicted wasn't completely off, but it was in terms of the Marlins pitchers for sure. But I am not here to evaluate other teams so get over it. The bottom line is we are now 9-8 and it looks like we may be turning things around (just as I predicted). The Nationals are next, and I expect nothing less than a sweep. After that, we have the Mets. I don't like our pitchers against the Mets (right now it looks like Park, Moyer, Blanton), but they haven't been playing very well this season I don't think. They just lost to the Nationals 8-1 today, bringing their record to 8-10. Things are looking up for the Phils, and we should be very hot going into that series with New York.

I don't know if anyone else saw this today, but the Phillies coming into the game were hitting .538 with the bases loaded, and we were 3 for 4 today with the bases loaded. Holy crap. Clutch hitting from the Phillies? I'll take it. And that batting average obviously does not include all of the runs that we've had walked in this season. To my count, I think it's at or around 7 right now. I love it

3 comments:

  1. Alright so Kevin called me out for never posting any comments so here I am, just made the account. So first off, Cam, I love the blog and its keeping me on top of the season more than I ever have. I really slacked off last year when I was in CA and so I'm glad to be back following each game.
    Next, loved the game today, it was on TBS so I actually got to see it in Pittsburgh.
    And finally I will now publicly congratulate Cam on his predictions at the beginning of the series and let out a little laugh for proving Kevin's negativety (I know he was just trying to be realistic) wrong.

    Also, I hope everyone starts to comment more just to let Cam know that you are keeping up with the blog because he is doing a great job so far.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to give naseps (Phil) a hard time because he was talking trash on facebook about my negative prediction but never posted anything on the actual blog. Now all is good with the world.

    So yes, kudos to Cam for the call on the sweep. I was looking pretty good until the 8th inning on Friday night. Don't worry, no matter what I think an outcome might be, I'd never root against the Phils to come out on top of a prediction. I was thrilled to see they came back on Fri. and hear they came back the same way last night.

    So this team is filled with fighters, no doubt. I still think we're a starting pitcher short, but you gotta love the weekend.

    Won't be able to watch many games this week, but will check in here for Cam's take.

    Go Phils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried commenting last night but I guess it never worked. Anyways I just wanted to say thanks to Hermida for proving that maybe Matt Stairs isn't the worst possible person that could play in the outfield. Also without his lack of defensive skills we would not have scored so much or batted around the order. So thanks Hermida. Maybe next time I'll catch your first name. Cam I want to go on public record and say I love you and I can't wait to watch our first game together.

    ReplyDelete