Wednesday, April 22, 2009

All-Star Voting!

All-Star ballots came out today or something so naturally I already have my 25 votes in. I decide to not even pretend to think about who I'm going to vote for.
In the AL, I vote for all former Phillies even if I hated them while they were here (that's you Rod Barajas). Oh yeah and Ken Griffey Jr because he's the greatest person. End of sentence.
In the NL, I obviously vote for all Phillies.

This year, my ballot looks like this:

Position / AL / NL
1B / Russell Branyon / Ryan Howard
2B / Placido Polanco / Chase Utley
3B / Scott Rolen / Pedro Feliz
SS / Nick Punto / Jimmy Rollins
C / Rod Barajas / Chris Coste (I wrote him in because Ruiz is hurt)
OF / Bobby Abreu / Raul Ibanez
OF / Pat Burrell / Shane Victorino
OF / Ken Griffey Jr. / Jayson Werth

If nothing else, I really want Pat in there. He deserved it last year and got screwed. Brian and I at work figured out that we voted for Pat in the Final Vote thing over 1,000 times between the two of us. Seriously. So I don't think it's asking too much of anyone to get there 25 votes in for our boys this year. Voting doesn't close until July 2, so if nothing else just vote like once every other day or something. Vote here: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2009/ballot_reg.html
Remember this year it counts! (extreme sarcasm)
But seriously, we do want to get home field advantage this season because the World Series is scheduled to start on October 28th. This means Game 2 will be on my birthday, and I am planning on making it a tradition to see the Phillies play at home on my birthday in the World Series every year. Go NL!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome was the fact that the all star game counted last year, too, and Brad Lidge blew the save setting the stage for the Phightin's to win it at home in game 5?

    And...I don't know if I can take all this Pat Burrell love. I'm taking an unpopular stance here, but do we remember how frustrating the guy was almost all the time? He had a great first half of the year last year, but he was almost awful the second half. And remember when they had to pick up Jeff Conine a few years back to bat in the 5 hole because Burrell couldn't protect Howard? I know Ibanez won't hit .375 all year, but I feel like he's a much better hitter than Burrell. I guess the numbers at the end of the year will tell us for sure.

    I'm ready to hear the boos...

    ReplyDelete