Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ring Ceremony

If you missed the ring ceremony you need to find a video of it soon. To see the look on some of the faces of the players was fantastic. Pat Gillick is a class act and every time they showed him crying I couldn't keep it together very well myself. By far the biggest ovation was for Pat Burrell and he deserved it. And he looked real nasty in that suit. The booing of Adam Eaton is standard Philadelphia I suppose, but I think the fans could have made an exception for the ring ceremony. Eaton took it like a champ though (mostly because he is one now). It was exciting knowing Zack was watching in Greece, I was texting Bean the whole time while she was in class, and I held my webcam up to the TV so I could share the experience with Petz as well. I think sharing the experience with close friends is what made the championship so special to everyone in Philadelphia, so I'm glad I could do the same for the ring ceremony. And Blanton just started off the game by striking out Omar Infante. It's a good day to be a Phillies fan.

Ring Stats:
14 karats
103 diamonds

Where can I get one?

No comments:

Post a Comment