Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quick Cheese Update

I don't have much to talk about today. I didn't get to watch the game last night because the Flyers were on 3 channels and the Phils got no love. Not that Flyers playoff hockey isn't exciting, but when you have 3 TVs in your living room it's a bit of a waste to only have one game on when there is a possibility for multiple. From the looks of the box score though, it looks like our bats continued going and were actually better than normal. It's good to see Rollins and Victorino having multi-hit games. As good as we've been offensively, our 1 and 2 hitters having the 2 worst averages on the team has hindered the progress a little. If they can get going, it really won't matter how much the pitching sucks.

But in other news, by popular demand, I will give an update on Cheese (and by popular demand I am referring to Kelsey mentioning it). There's really not much to say because I have even been a crappy fan this season it seems. Of our 12 games I have only really been able to sit down and watch 6 of them, so I can't really expect much more out of Cheese. I have noticed a few instances where he has been lacking, like missing Ibanez's walk-off home run to play video games. But there have been other cases where he's watched parts of games alone, so that's impressive. The biggest news is his recent downloading of the MLB 2K9 demo for XBox 360. He was playing yesterday with the Phillies (and winning) and told me that it was his way of getting to know the players better or something like that. It's been tough with school work and everything for us to be able to really get into the games. But he has a test tonight at 6 and will definitely be done by the time the game is on. So hopefully we can sit down and have a beer and watch the game. Because if he does work after a test I'll kill him.

No comments:

Post a Comment