Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thanks for Listening

J Roll was finally taken out of the leadoff spot, and Shane Victorino responded like none other. A triple a double and the game-winning RBI. Yesterday was a different day with Utley sitting, and our lineup was completely out of whack. And it's really tough with Utley in the lineup to make a lineup that isn't too lefty heavy at certain spots. I kinda liked what we did yesterday, I really like changing it up like that. I just don't see how that can really translate into today. Last season against teams with a lot of lefty pitchers/a lefty starter we would lead off Victorino as well and then basically alternate lefties throughout the lineup. The problem with that this year is we had Jimmy hit 3rd, and he clearly cannot do that. It will be interesting to see the lineup with Utley back in today. I honestly think that we could have Utley Howard Ibanez hit 3 4 5 because we're facing a righthanded starter and the only lefty in the Mets' bullpen is Filiciano who has pitched 2.2 innings in the past 2 days and given up 2 earned runs. He may not even be available today with baseball's unofficial stupid rules to protect pitchers' arms.

I'm not thrilled about having to watch Joe Blanton pitch today, especially in a game I think we need to win. But I always like playing Sunday games, and we're 3-1 on Sundays this season with our only loss being on opening day. I think we'll be swinging well today, and hopefully Blanton can at least get 6 innings in in order to give the bullpen a little bit of rest. I fear that our starters sucking early in games could come back to haunt us sooner rather than later.

You may have noticed I changed the name of the blog. The other title was a little wordy, and it's so last season. I like the idea of being able to honor Harry in any way possible, so I think this fits. And has anyone else seen the light blue blazer hanging in the dugout? I assume this is a tribute to Harry which I think is awesome.

I just read that Jack Taschner wasn't available on Friday because his wife was giving birth to a baby girl. It's nice he got the win yesterday

The Phils have now had 11 bases loaded walks this season, including 2 yesterday. The record for any team in a season is 28. We're about 40% of the way there with over 85% of the season to play. What a record that would be to hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment