Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More Good Advice

Kevin Weikel not only gives me good reasons to procrastinate, but he also has a lot of good ideas for this blog. The latest is this:
Rather than doing live blogs or anything like that, what we can do is have a running conversation during a game. I will just post something within an hour before the start of the game and then throughout the game you can comment your thoughts on what is happening and such. Or if you're unable to watch the game but you're at a computer you can follow along in that way. I don't know how many people are actually reading this, so let me know if you think it's a good idea. If it's only going to be like 1 or 2 people it may be pointless. I know that Bean and I text each other a good amount during the game, and plenty of people have called me or texted me during games, but if people are in favor of doing this we could just move all of that to the blog. It would be a fun way to talk to people you may not normally talk to during a game. Let me know what you think about it, and I can decide whether we're going to do it or not. If there's a good response we could do it tonight. If not, we could still try to do it some other time. It seems like a really good idea to me, so thanks Kev. I'm not suggesting this is something we could do every night or something, or maybe we could work up to that if people really like it. To start we could just do like a game every week or something. Let me know

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a good idea for you college kids. i won't be around because yes, i am still in high school and no i do not have a computer sitting right next to a tv in my house. but i love listening to what you guys have to say.

    p.s. does anyone know when the May 3rd game against the Mets is being rescheduled for??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm walking around with a big head these days after being referenced in two consecutive blogs by cam. i'll be signing autographs at the steve carlton statue during the phils next home game.

    anyway - it's not really a great idea - just a thought. the idea is just that whenver folks have comments during the game or at any time really (i.e. - "chan ho park just gave up 8 runs and we need to get rid of him" or "did you hear they just made a trade") we should post them. Just a way to keep the conversation going with everyone on the blog.

    Once again - thanks Cam for doing this. It's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey D: I don't think they rescheduled that game yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following the blog religiously, but we all know I'm not cut out for the during-the-game-blogging.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete