Thursday, May 14, 2009

Number 250 Another Time

Jamie Moyer is still stuck on 249 career wins after another horrible outing tonight. It's really a shame because everyone wants him to do well. After pitching the way he pitches for so long now and being successful why would it suddenly not be working this season? I don't really have an answer for that. I hope Jamie does though

JA Happ will be starting Saturday night in the 2nd game of the day night double header. That's great, but what does that mean in the long term? Blanton struggled a little bit in his last start but pitched very well the start before that. Park has pitched well in each of his past 2. I would think it's obvious that Hamels and Myers are safe in the rotation. I couldn't see Moyer being replaced, but at the same time he simply has not been effective for us. I am really looking forward to Happ starting, but I am curious to see what will happen if he looks good on Saturday.
We could keep pitching Hamels and Myers every 5 days and then have 4 other starters who rotate, but that seems like a waste to me. If Moyer isn't a starter, I don't think he's a pitcher. As much as I don't like Park, it's hard to put him in the bullpen after his past 2 outings. And Blanton is known as an innings-eater, so it seems foolish to not have him as a starter.

I'm interested in what others think about our starting pitching situation. Do you think Happ should be starting? Who should he replace? What the heck are we doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment