Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manny Being Suspended

Breaking news this morning: Manny Ramirez has been suspended for 50 games for testing positive for performance enhancing drugs

I don't know how everyone else feels about Manny, but personally I cannot stand him. Throughout his career he's requested trades every 4 innings, played lazy defense and baseball in general, and essentially done anything he has wanted to do. Somehow, through all of this, people can just say that it's "Manny being Manny" and all of the issues go away. Well I've always though that was a load of crap, and that was topped off with Joe Buck getting more excited about him cutting off a ball in the outfield in the NLCS than any other event in that series and then his unbelievable contract crap in the offseason, turning down $25 million deals.
I don't understand what is so special about Manny. No one has ever said that it's just "T.O. being T.O." or anything like that. I'm glad to see he finally got his.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, and I don't have a blog. That's something we had to do for a stupid Irish class. Crazy Irish people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hadn't heard this - wow - i hope the phils play the dodgers in the next 50 games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad he tested positive. I don't know how this could surprise anyone. He lost all my respect as an athlete/human when he pushed a 60 some year old man because he couldn't get a boat load of tickets for a game. It's not like he doesn't have a billion dollars to buy them himself anyways. And as far as the Dodgers are concerned I hope they don't even win 50 games this year. Oh and take Park back.

    ReplyDelete