Saturday, May 2, 2009

F'in Mets

So I hate the Mets. But should I hate Chan Ho Park more? He gave up basically everything that they got. The Mets got 1 hit off our bullpen and no runs in 4 1/3 innings.

I think that against the Mets we really do need to jump on them early. Although I'm not scared of the Mets bullpen (because, after all, they are the Mets), it is obvious that their bullpen is better than their starters. We all love coming back, but it would be much better to put them away in the first 4 or 5 innings. I guess that more means our starters need to step up, but at the same time it's up to the bats to get going.

I don't know how I feel about today's game. I love Jamie Moyer and he was fantastic in his last start, but that was against the Marlins who he has had amazing success against. The Mets are kind of hit or miss for Moyer, no pun intended. I say if Carlos Delgado plays (he's day-to-day), we could be in trouble. If he doesn't, we should be in good shape. More than anyone, Delgado dominates Jamie Moyer. In 81 lifetime at-bats against him he's hitting .383 with 8 home runs.
Oliver Perez is pitching for the Mets, and he had annoying success against us last season to the tune of 1 earned run and 27 strike outs in 26 innings. He has horrible control, so he's a guy that we need to be patient against to get to him. For whatever reason we have had a lot of trouble being patient against starters. If we can turn that around today, I'm not at all worried about this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment