Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Who Even Cares

Worst case scenario coming out of this series: tied for first place.
Honestly, I don't think it will be any worse than being 2 games up, and we really should be 4 games up.
The Mets are in shambles about 3 months early this season. I think I'm still more scared of the Marlins than I am the Mets. Yeah I said it.

Tonight was a freak accident. We scored 5 runs off of Johan Santana and didn't win. The way we have been pitching lately, I guess tonight's game was bound to come at some point. It's just a shame it had to come against the Mets. Had I not been busy all day, I was going to predict that Howard and Ibanez would have a good series. They definitely got off to a good start with a home run for each of them. It was also nice to see Utley and Rollins get some hits off Santana against whom they have struggled a lot.

Can T Mac please stop calling K-Rod Frankie Rodriguez? I realize that people call him this from time to time, but that is ALL T Mac ever calls him.

I anticipate 2 good games the next 2 days. Hamels should dominate tomorrow. For some reason any time I look at who is starting for the Mets it's Pelfrey. So I think he pitches like every 2nd or 3rd day, and because of this I think we will do well against him. The Moyer-Redding matchup is interesting to me. I don't really ever like Moyer pitching against the Mets, but Redding is a former Nationals pitcher now on the Mets; therefore, we should kill him as well. Surprisingly, though, our team has very little success against Redding. People may have forgotten with the 2 losses to the Dodgers and the day off that right now we truly are playing like the best team in baseball. I don't think we should have too much of a problem continuing that the next 2 days. I just wish Jose Reyes was playing so we could call him ugly or something and then he would completely self-distruct and take the entire team with him.

2 comments:

  1. I'm confused...I was watching the game in the gym so I had no sound but why did Santana throw a hissy fit and look like he was about to cry before he came off the mound? Is he now just realizing that we don't go away and that it is inevitable that is team will crumble? So what if they won tonight, I like to let them think they can run with us. Oh and about that play at the plate with chooch getting the guy out. I didn't really pay attention but it seemed to stir up some argument as to whether he was out or not. I don't care if he actually was safe, in my mind he was out for even thinking he could score a run on Chooch when he has the ball. Who the hell do you think you are trying to actually score a run when Chooch gets a good throw to the plate? You're out buddy and that's a given so take your pride and stay at third if you know what's good for you. Douche.

    And Jroll is still a douche. But good job tonight, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a game when we score 5 off santana is a game we need to win. if we aren't careful, these blown saves and should have games will catch up to us. i'm not writing off the mets - their bullpen is unbelievably good - top 2 in the majors and much better than ours. they are a better team than they were last year. i think we're better and i hope that's the way the standings look in the end, but i'm not writing them off just yet.

    ReplyDelete