Thursday, June 11, 2009

Beautiful

This series was exactly what a Phillies Mets series should be. The first game was tough for us but a good game overall. The last 2 games were obviously good seeing as they went into extra innings, and it was great for us to come out on top in both of them. Over the last 2 games, our bullpen has pitched 10 innings while giving up 6 hits and 0 runs. That's good baseball. That's the way to win games.

Does anyone else feel like the ball carries forever at Citi Field? It's another one of those "pitcher's parks," but I feel like over the past 3 days the ball has hung up in the air for years and been a home run more often than not.

7-3 road trip. That puts us at 10-3 in our last 13 games with 2 of those losses being blown saves. We are 15-5 in our last 2 road trips combined. As I've been saying, I honestly think we're the best team in baseball right now. I am excited to play the Red Sox next. This is the perfect time in the season to be playing them because we can truly beat anyone. I honestly think we could sweep anyone right now.

Raul Ibanez has been kinda quiet since that 5 RBI night against the Padres, and he was 0 for 4 before his game-winning home run. I say quiet lately in comparison to the beginning of the season when he was hitting 2 home runs every game while we played the Nationals 5 times a week. Plus he has an 11-game hit streak, but in the last 8 he has just 1 hit in each. This is not me being negative, this is just me realizing he won't hit .350 this season with 80 home runs and 200 RBIs. But in honor of him standing up for himself against steroid rumors and blasting a 3-run homer to win the game tonight, here is a nice video for your listening enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6scHgACSD0

3 comments:

  1. Can we further reiterate that Chase Utley is baseball?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean it's okay to admit I like Kim Possible?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think only you can answer that

    ReplyDelete