Sunday, July 12, 2009

Thank You Dorm Duty

So I had what is known as Dorm Duty today at camp where I got to do some laundry and follow the Phillies game in my room for the most part. I "saw" Feliz hit the first inning grand slam and it seems like right now all the Phils need is a lead in any game and they're good. I'm writing this as the top of the 9th is about to start and we are up 5-1. Assuming we can hold on, I love the way we are going into the All-Star Break. We've now won 9 out of our last 10 and have a very nice lead in the East. Talks of Pedro Martinez and Roy Halladay don't seem to really matter to me right now. Everyone is getting the job done. Today we had a normal lineup for what seems like the first time in a very long time. Without Raul in there everything was out of whack, and I still don't know what to think about Paul Bako. I know he had the game-winning RBI last night, but I haven't actually seen him play other than maybe 2 games while I was still home.
JA Happ is still fantastic. He cannot be ignored right now as a legitimate Rookie of the Year contender. At this point in the season it looks like it is between him and Colby Rasmus of the Cardinals. There are some good guys that have just come up in the past few weeks, but if Happ keeps there's no doubt he'll be tough to beat.
Ok so Romero just gave up a home run to make it 5-2. I wonder if we'll bring Lidge in now that it's a save situation.

One thing that's cool about this camp is that there are not many kids from the Philly area, so I get a lot of crap for being a Phillies fan. I love getting crap for being a Phillies fan because there's really nothing people can say. We're World Champions and currently in first place and one of the hottest teams in baseball.

Congrats to Werth for getting picked to go to the All-Star Game. Not saying he didn't deserve it, but if Charlie weren't managing I am sure there are a few names that may have gone in before him. I'm fine with that. You win the World Series, you earn the right to be a little selfish.

2 outs now, I'm going to assume Romero closes this one out and we head into the break on a nice little streak. Good to be able to update, I hope all is going well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that we have a new post! I couldn't agree more about being pleased with the way we're going into the break! 9 of 10, and the bats are coming through when we need them. Our pitching looks solid enough to carry us far, and when we're hot, we're unbeatable. I'm looking forward to Pedro Martinez, not because I think we need him, but just because he's Pedro Martinez. Some people hate him, some love him, and I fall in the latter camp. He used to have the best stuff in the game, and he was always fun and laid back in the club house. You gotta love a guy like that, and I will definitely go to his first start.

    ReplyDelete