Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pitchers

Pedro Martinez has officially signed a 1 year $1 million contract with the Phillies. As Pickering said in a comment on the last post, that is exciting to some and not so exciting to others. I, personally, am not a big Pedro fan simply because he has not stayed healthy for the past 4 years or so. I guess that is fine considering we will only need him for a few months, and having a solid pitcher who gets hurt after a few starts is better than having a crappy pitcher for them. I assume he will be taking Lopez's place in the rotation, so whenever he is ready to pitch I would think that would be an upgrade. Not saying anything bad about Lopez, just saying that Pedro is probably better than him (fingers crossed).

As for Roy Halladay trade rumors, I don't really know what to think. I would love to have Roy Halladay. He is easily one of the best pitchers in baseball without a doubt. But I am not willing to give up JA Happ or Kyle Drabek for him. Michael Taylor and Dominic Brown are also 2 of my favorite minor leaguers, but I think one of them would definitely have to go to get Halladay here. Depending on the deal, I may or may not be very pleased with having Halladay (if it's even a real possibility). I would be willing to give up Carrasco and Donald for sure from our list of big name prospects. It's a tough call because he is definitely worth a lot, but how much exactly is a lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment